We’ve seen people making this mistake over and over again. Honestly, we’ve made the mistake ourselves more times than we’re proud of. So, it took us a while to understand how to avoid or overcome *said* mistake.
And the mistake happens (can happen) when you’re trying to bag the Best Starter Grass Seed. So, to get the most out of your moolah, you’ll need to follow three steps:
A) Understand what you need
B) Do some thorough research (read, watch, think, analyze)
C) Crosscheck the features with your needs
Now, we can’t help you with steps A and C. But we can make step B super easy for you. And that’s what we’re going to do here. All the information that you can ask for or need about Starter Grass Seed is available here at your service. You just need some street-smart to make use of this info.
Let’s show you what we’re talking about.
Top Rated Best Starter Grass Seed in 2022
Best Starter Grass Seed Reviews of 2022
- Grows new grass 70% thicker, 35% quicker versus unfed grass
- Improves seeding results--also great for sod and grass plugs
- 24-25-4 fertilizer ratio provides the nutrients for developing lawns
- Safe for any grass type, whether you're planting new grass, starting a new lawn, or reseeding an existing one
- Covers 5,000 sq. ft.
Pennington UltraGreen Starter Lawn Fertilizer, 14 LBS, Covers 5000 sq ft
- Starter fertilizer for new lawns with seed or sod, or overseeding existing lawns
- Builds strong, deep roots for thick, full grass & faster lawn establishment
- Helps all types of grass seed, sod, and plugs establish roots fast
- Quick greening
- Extended feeding for up to 3 months
The Andersons Premium New Lawn Starter 20-27-5 Fertilizer - Covers up to 5,000 sq ft (18 lb)
- New lawn fertilizer formulated for new sod areas, newly seeded areas and vigorous grass.
- Provides an optimum supply of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and essential micro-nutrients for encouraging vigorous seedling and root establishment
- Contains 1% iron for extra deep greening
- Ideal for fall and spring applications
Southland Sod Farms 21 Sod and Seed Starter 15-15-15, 18-Pound
- Accelerates the establishment of new lawns
- Nurtures a lawn through its critical first weeks
- Reduces the risk of transplant shock
- Sod and seed starter 15-15-15 soil is a pre-fertilized soil
- Accelerates the establishment of your new lawn
50 Plant Growing Trays (No Drain Holes) - 20" x 10" - Perfect Garden Seed Starter Grow Trays: for Seedlings, Indoor Gardening, Growing Microgreens, Wheatgrass & More - Soil or Hydroponic
- Quantity 50 - Durable Plastic - NO Drain Holes
- Perfect for use as a drip tray, hydroponic growing and seed starting
- Approx: 21" by 11" (top measurement). 20" by 10" bottom of tray - See product description below for precise measurments
- Accomodates 20" x 10" Sure to Grow Hydroponic Grow Pads and Micro-Mats Perfectly
- Reusable - Great for Greenhouse, Seedlings, wheatgrass, microgreens and more.
GreenView Fairway Formula Seed Success (2329827) Biodegradable Mulch with Fertilizer - 10 lb. - Covers 200 sq. ft.
- Water newly seeded areas less - helps keep grass seed moist while it germinates
- Tackifier helps paper mulch stay where you put it - even on high-wind days or sloping areas
- Starter fertilizer in mulch helps newly seeded lawn get off to a great start
- Great for bare spot repair use - seed NOT included; you choose the grass seed that matches your existing lawn
- Covers 200 sq ft
Greenview Spring or Fall Lawn Starter Fertilizer (10-18-10) - 8 lb. - Covers 2,500 sq. ft.
- For one-time use in spring or fall to help establish a new lawn and keep it fed during the early stages of growth while roots develop and take hold
- Starter fertilizer should be applied just before or just after seeding
- 10-18-10 NPK
- Specially formulated to encourage root growth and nutrient absorption in newly seeded lawns or bare spots
- Provides both immediate release & time-released nitrogen to provide continuous feeding for up to 8 weeks
Scotts Turf Builder Thick'R Lawn Sun & Shade - 3 in 1 Lawn Fertilizer, Seed, & Soil Improver for a Thicker, Greener Lawn, Seeds up to 4,000 sq. ft., 40 lb.
- 3-in-1 solution for thin lawns, including seed, fertilizer and soil improver
- Seed to fill gaps in your current lawn
- Fertilizer for thicker, greener turf
- Soil improver for enhanced root development
- Get up to a 50% thicker lawn with just one easy application with a spreader (subject to proper care; results may vary based on the current condition of the lawn)
- Grow grass anywhere, guaranteed (subject to proper care) with this revolutionary seeding mix
- Grass seed: Scotts best high performance seed; Mulch: absorbs 6X its weight in water and expands to surround the seed in a moist protective layer
- Fertilizer: Exclusive controlled release technology feeds seedlings to jumpstart growth
- Tackifier: Helps keep seed from washing away; Protectant: Helps keep seedlings safe from harmful diseases that can attack newly planted areas
- Grows in full sun and dense shade, high traffic areas and on slopes; seeds up to 225 sq. ft
Scotts Turf Builder Rapid Grass Tall Fescue Mix: up to 1,845 sq. ft., Combination Seed & Fertilizer, Grows in Just Weeks, 5.6 lbs.
- Enjoy a new lawn in just weeks with Scotts Turf Builder Rapid Grass Tall Fescue Mix; grows up to 2x times faster than seed alone when applied at the new lawn rate (subject to proper care)
- Unique, proprietary combination of tall fescue seed and fertilizer mix results in full green grass that grows in just weeks; expect to see grass growing at a minimum of 11 days and maximum of 21 days
- This tall fescue grass seed and fertilizer combination will change the way you grow grass; it's the most complete solution for large problem areas in your lawn and establishing new grass
- Fall and Spring are the best times to plant grass seed; seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F and the chance of frost has passed
- For best results, rake soil lightly to remove debris; apply grass seed with a Scotts spreader, then water daily or as needed to keep soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 to 3 inches tall; one 5.6-lb. bag seeds up to 1,845 sq. ft.